Saturday, July 10, 2010

Random Life Update

There have been a lot of things going on in my life as of late, and since I am currently in a van with 5 other people (my family and my awesome college roomie), now seems like the right time to get it all out in the open before I drop off the radar for a week.

The most significant update is that I have sent in my second seat deposit for Drake, so I am now officially enrolled for the fall semester. I even got a confirmation e-mail explaining all the things I have to do before orientation on August 19th and 20th. This includes getting ready to buy books, purchasing a response clicker and licensing fee, getting ready to pay for parking and looking over the orientation schedule, while looks to be a little packed. There is also some summer reading apparently, so I better get on that! Of course, I need to find the assignment first.

Work at the law firm has been going well, especially in the sense that I have been doing some really interesting work. Now that my official title is "law clerk," I have been doing more lawyerly things, and am enjoying every second of it. It is nice to work in a place where I feel like I am learning useful skills for my own future career while at the some time contributing to the success of the company. The fact that I am also working on some marketing stuff for them as well, meaning I get to use my college major, also adds to the enjoyment I have been getting.

I guess the last real update is that I am on my way to a week-long cruise with my family and best friend! Undoubtedly, I will come back with some interesting stories and pictures to share. Right now we are driving down to Florida, where we will get on the Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas. This is not my first cruise with Royal Caribbean, which is really good for my younger brother and sister, but the fact that I get to share it with a friend will make this cruise one for the record books!

Anyways, when I get back on the 19th, I will make sure to post something about the cruise, give my own review of food, fun and ports. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment