Saturday, July 03, 2010

Today is a Momentous Day...

I just paid off my credit card bill.

For those that do not now me, this is not necessarily the hardest thing I have ever had to do, but it is a big deal! I am a 22 year-old college student, heading into law school with 0 credit card debt. Yay me!

Aside from the obvious burden this lifts from my shoulders financially, the reason for this minor financial advantage/immediate setback came from an article I was reading that outlined a list of things that would help keep your debt down in law school. Most of them were pretty obvious, but some of them were really good advice on what kinds of things are better to buy used than new (aside from books, obviously), or how to cut down on living costs.

All in all, I hope this is the first step towards getting out of law school with a reasonable amount of debt that can be repaid before I die. For those are are interested, I got this article and a lot of other ones by following @AttorneyJobs on Twitter. A link to the article is provided below.

Have a happy and safe Fourth of July!

29 Ways to Minimize Your Law School Debt

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Fancy Pants - how exciting!!! :D

    ReplyDelete