Monday, September 27, 2010

I made it...

...through the worst week of law school so far. It wasn't necessarily that many horrible things happened, but more that there was a lot going on that all stressed me out. For one, we had a make up class for Civil Procedure, so instead of the normal 3 class periods a week, we had 4. While I love our professor (who always matches the colors of his powerpoints to his suit and tie for the day), that is just a lot of jurisdictional issues. Too much time with jurisdictional issues.

Then, we had a HORRIBLE research assignment with digests. While trying to follow my T.A.'s instructions, it took me 1 hour and 20 minutes to complete 1 section. When I finally gave up trying to follow his outline and just did it my own way, I got the correct answer in 10...that was a lot of wasted time I just didn't have.

The worst thing about it all was that we had our first legal memo due this morning. Now that it is turned in, I find myself elated, but it was one of the more challenging 7-page papers I have ever had to write. I think the hardest part of it all was that I am so used to being really confident about my writing, and I just didn't feel that way about this one.

I spent so much time on it before Wednesday of last week, when I decided to re-write 4 of the 6 pages I had already written because it was just not going in the right direction. At the end of the day, though, I am happy with it, and am definitely anxious to get it back to see if I did everything right. Until then, I'll enjoy the 24-hour break before our next memo assignment is given to us.

At least I had a good weekend though. I try to spend my weekends (at least Friday night and Saturday) doing fun things with some homework thrown in there somewhere. Well, I actually got my memo edited and finished my reading pretty much through Wednesday, with the exception of Torts. I also found out that Larry got a job, and starts today! I am so happy for him - it certainly isn't the best job, but at least now it takes some of the stress off and he can focus on getting back in shcool.

To top it all off, I got to watch possibly one of the greatest movies of all time: Sharktopus.

I know what you're thinking - sounds like some crappy SyFy Original Movie, right? Well, that is true. Never the less, you should check out the trailer before coming to any snap judgments. If this movie doesn't win any awards in the special effects department...I'll just be shocked.

That good weekend is turning into a good day at least, as I got my shepardizing assignment back (which I thought I bombed) and actually did REALLY well on it. Happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment