Thursday, April 22, 2010

Internship...Check!

So, today was my last day at Consumer Product Events/BDPR. It was a little bitter sweet. On the one hand I was glad not to have to really deal with prospecting anymore, which might have been the most boring thing I've ever done. On the other hand, it was a good experience in retrospect, and I'm going to get a good recommendation letter out of it. Say what you want about Alyson, if you meet her she is going to help you succeed in any way she can. That's one of her best qualities.

I never really understood the value of internships outside the theoretical discussion of the importance of experience that they give you in college. However, when they say it is important for experience they aren't kidding. From this I learned that I might not necessarily want to be in the firm side of things, though a larger agency with more accounts and opportunities for involvement might be a little different. If I had to do PR tomorrow, I would definitely use a lot of things that I learned from this internship on a daily basis, so I guess in that sense it was a success.

I'm having lunch with Alyson on Monday, and I plan on piquing her brain for what the best next step might be from here. We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment