Tuesday, April 20, 2010

We've all got to start somewhere

This is the pilot post of Ginger Snaps, and as such, I think some introductions are in order. My name is Tara, and I am a 21 year-old redhead originally from St. Louis. I've spent the last 4 years toiling away at Pepperdine University, where I will receive degrees in psychology and public relations in a short 11 days. My life plans have been shaken with my failure to be accepted to law school despite fairly competitive credentials, and I am now trying to figure out the best path for me to take in a world where I am no longer a student. Yea, that's pretty much me in a nutshell.

My purpose behind this blog is not to rant on and on about my problems, or share meaningless drivel about my life. I really want to talk about my experiences post graduation for those struggling to get into grad schools, trying to find that first job and just overall freaking out about life post-graduation. Hopefully, I can make some of the mistakes for you, and provide helpful insights into the terrifying new world of life outside of formalized education.

I've never blogged before, so this will be an adventure for both of us, and I am excited to learn as I go. Suggestions are always welcomed and in fact appreciated! :)

2 comments:

  1. Once you're no longer dying of school, I'd be happy to talk with you about the whole post-graduation 'now what?' thing. In the meantime, I recommend just listening to Avenue Q on repeat, because it's about to become the soundtrack of your life... heh.

    Oh, and welcome to the blogosphere. I may very well join you soon...

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely beginning, methinks. I shall definitely be keeping up with you, and feel free to check out my ol' livejournal once in a while. Welcome to the bloggin' side of the internet!

    - Paulina

    ReplyDelete